Can You Trust Your IT Support Provider to Help You Comply With Healthcare Industry Regulations?
The healthcare environment deals with highly sensitive patient information on a daily basis. Health records, financial information and more is utilized by and stored within the IT systems of hospitals and other healthcare practices, and as such the proper usage and security of this data is closely regulated by the government. Your SALINAS business’ technology is a key part of how your healthcare practice complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines and requirements, so you should be confident in the capability of your Information Technology. Penalties for failure to comply with these guidelines include:
- Fines for which there is no stated maximum (in recent cases, issued fines have reached the range of $1.5M)
- Criminal liabilities that can further damage your business’ reputation and ability to operate
Alvarez Technology Group, Inc. offers comprehensive assessment services to help you meet compliance requirements and prepare for audits conducted by the Office of Civil Rights. Our assessment services takes the following aspects of your IT system into account:
- if your business is compliant with HIPAA, HITECH and HIPAA Omnibus laws
- if your business is prepared for a HIPAA audit
- how your business maintains a compliance posture
- if your business is secure against threats such as hackers, viruses and other digital attacks
Alvarez Technology Group, Inc.’s HIPAA assessment and audit service also provides further education for your staff in related areas, including The Whistle Blower law, The Breach Notification law, compliance and security with external vendors, and anticipated costs of compliance solutions.
- Quickly and Easily Self Audit, Identify Deficiencies (Gaps), and Correct the Gaps (Remediate)
- Built-in Training Policy & Procedure Templates
- Meaningful Use, Risk Assessment
- Show Auditors, Covered Entities (CE), and Business Associates (BA) Your Total Compliance Plan
- Remediation Planning and Tracking
- Tracking and Attestation
- Advanced Task Management of Vendor, Employee, Business Associates, Training and Attestation
- Incident Management
- Document & Version Controls
Don’t gamble with your patients’ information! To learn more about how Alvarez Technology Group, Inc. can help your SALINAS healthcare practice comply with HIPAA guidelines and survive Civil Rights audits, get in touch with us today at (831) 753-7677 or send us an email at email@example.com.