Professional Services Account Manager
The Professional Services Account Manager is a critical position at the Alvarez Technology Group, Inc., Inc. (ATG). This position is the day-to-day link between the company and our clients and therefore the impression that clients get about the company is usually strongly influenced by their interactions with the Professional Services Account Manager. While interfacing with clients, the Professional Services Account Manager must demonstrate professionalism, knowledge of our products and services and an overall demeanor that will build trust with the client. Due to the volume of telephone and email interactions, Professional Services Account Managers must be excellent communicators who use a welcoming, polite, cheerful and understanding tone with clients who cannot see their facial expressions or body language.
The primary task of the Professional Services Account Manager is to create a positive experience for each client and be their advocate within the company to ensure a successful relationship. In general, the role includes:
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your iTeam Basic clients and project referrals from sales executives;
- Manage project opportunities and prospects/leads.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships;
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key client stakeholders and executive sponsors;
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives;
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders;
- Forecast and track key account metrics;
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment;
- Assist with high severity requests or client issue escalations as needed;
- Attend regularly scheduled business technology meetings with clients to review topics around IT support and needs, taking notes to capture opportunities and future activities which will be documented in ConnectWise CRM application;
- Research, architect and produce sales quotes & proposals for products and services and deliver to clients for approval;
- Learn new technologies.
A major requirement for all ATG employees is to provide outstanding value to all client engagements, cost-effectively and efficiently implementing new technology and maintaining existing systems. This includes remaining vigilant for opportunities to improve the client’s environment by recommending products and services that will enhance their productivity and profitability. In addition to the functional role of quoting the specialist is also instrumental in helping generate business from existing clients by probing for needs and opportunities.
Professional Services Account Managers regularly work with other employees and other departments to accomplish their goals. They should possess strong communications skills and should feel comfortable working in a team atmosphere. Likewise, they may be called upon to perform tasks that fall slightly outside the job description and should be prepared to carry out these duties at the same level of professionalism that one might employ in the regular client service duties.
Typical work activities include (but are not limited to):
- Communicating with clients by phone, email and other mediums;
- Using CRM application to maintain client contact information current;
- Use quoting application to generate quotes and proposals;
- Accepting responsibility for the quality of your work;
- Working under considerable pressure to achieve results as soon as possible in all situations;
- Working continuously on a task until completion;
- Dealing with several different tasks at a time with proper prioritization;
- Working closely with staff such as system engineers, service coordinator & management;
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning complex issues;
- Working with other departments/business units;
- Conduct random client surveys to gauge satisfaction;
- Other duties as assigned.