October it’s officially Cybersecurity month. This provides us a great opportunity for our readers to stay connected and to stay safe online. These tips are even helpful in or out of a work environment. The easiest way to protect your organization from catastrophic downtime is to prevent cyberattacks in the first place.
For those who are unaware a cyberattack is any computer or network-related incident that disrupts your business operations is considered a cyberattack.
The root cause of attacks begin from:
- Phishing attacks
- Poor information security policies and practices
- Disgruntled and separated employees with access
Here some simple tips to Prevent Cybercrime:
- Create and implement a cybersecurity policy with procedures
- User education
- Strong passwords letters, numbers, symbols, and phrases
- Identify spam phishing attacks
- Only disclose personal information to reputable sites through secure connections
- Avoid public computers in places such as libraries or internet cafes for any purchasing or banking
- Summarize cybersecurity policies
- Use an internet or hardware firewall at all times. The firewall is the first line of defense
- Stay up to date with compliance
- Implement network and end-point security
- Develop strategic backup policies and procedures
- Treat every cyber incident as potentially malicious until it is determined otherwise
Data loss is a real problem. Ask any expert in the industry. We consistently backup data and test for reliability. Sensitive personal information or any banking information needs to be encrypted and secured.
While online criminals are constantly devising new ways to exploit your network, we try harder to counter threats and provide IT support in SALINAS. Enterprise IT support is often hard to come by which is why we have services tailored for businesses.
What’s the most important piece of information in your business? Data. Think of how many workflows are disrupted due to downtime.
The most successful implementations are those where IT does the heavy lifting for the user. Do you want Alvarez Technology Group, Inc. to do the heavy lifting for you?